At ROK we specialize in GIS based cloud migrations, primarily in the ESRI space. ROK has clients ranging from extremely small, to extremely large and complex. The purpose of this role is to partake in regular cloud migrations for client’s existing GIS environments, the planning for these deployments will be done together with the assigned cloud architect. Once planning is complete, this role will translate those requirements into automation templates to deploy environments quickly. Additionally, this role is responsible for assisting in the maintenance of these environments, automating patching, monitoring etc. This role will assume many sub-roles as needed, such as; Network engineering, systems engineering, and security management. Every client we have is very different, so it is absolutely critical to have strong foundational knowledge and be able to develop the best solution for each situation as it arises.
- 5+ years of experience in the field of cloud computing in AWS
- Advanced, proven, knowledge in automated deployments of enterprise systems, with Terraform or CloudFormation.
- General systems administration knowledge in Windows environments
- Client management skills
- Ability to self direct and the desire to optimize current systems
- In-Depth knowledge of networking, network flow, and general security
- Familiarity with Azure and other Microsoft platforms
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to solve issues before they affect productivity
- Comfortable self-directing projects and communicating progress to project managers
- Experience in cloud based GIS
- Experience migrating enterprise systems to the cloud
- Experience with multiple security frameworks, such as NIST FEDRAMP etc.
- Experience in multi-cloud management
- Deployment automation via Terraform
- CI / CD experience with orchestration tools
- Ansible and / or Chef experience
- Architecture planning experience
- AWS or Azure professional certifications